Hon. Dr Nuh Nasir – Speaker to the County Assembly
Each county assembly shall have a speaker elected by the county assembly from among persons who are not members of the assembly (ex officio member).
A sitting of the county assembly shall be presided over by the speaker of the assembly; or
– In the absence of the speaker, another member of the assembly elected by the assembly.
Hon. Salim Aribicho – Deputy Speaker to the County Assembly
Section 106 (1) (b): There shall be a Deputy Speaker for each House of Parliament, who shall be elected by that House in accordance with the Standing Orders, from among the members of that House.
Art. 108 of the Constitution provides that “there shall be a leader of the majority party and a leader of the minority party”. The leader of the majority party shall be the person who is the leader in the County Assembly of the largest party or coalition of parties.
The leader of the minority party shall be the person who is the leader in the County Assembly of the second largest party or coalition of parties.
Clerk to the Assembly
The Clerk of the County Assembly is the administrative and procedural head of the County Assembly and oversees the day-to-day operations and affairs of the County Assembly.
- Kipini East WardHon. Manase Guyo
- Kipini WestHon. Musa Wario
- Mikinduni WardHon. Mohamed Buya
- Garsen North WardHon. Salat Dakan
- Chewani wardHon. Salim Arbicho
- Wayu WardHon. Maka Jarso
- Sala WardHon. Sadick Karani
- Madogo WardHon. Abdi Ergamso
- Hirimani WardHon. Daud Galdesa